Inlays and Onlays
Welcome to Southwest Dentistry, your trusted family dental practice in Grove City, OH. We are dedicated to providing exceptional dental care and helping you achieve optimal oral health. One of the key services we offer is the restoration of damaged teeth through the use of inlays and onlays. In this page, we will explore the importance of dental health, the role of inlays and onlays in restoring damaged teeth, and how our practice can help you regain a healthy and beautiful smile.
What are Inlays and Onlays?
Inlays and onlays are restorative dental treatments designed to repair teeth that have been damaged by decay, fractures, or other structural issues. They are custom-made dental prosthetics that are bonded to the affected tooth, providing strength, protection, and an aesthetically pleasing appearance.
Inlays are used when the damage is limited to the cusps or chewing surface of the tooth. On the other hand, onlays are utilized when the damage extends to the larger surface area of the tooth, including one or more cusps. These restorations can be crafted from various materials such as durable porcelain or composite resin, ensuring a natural-looking result.
Benefits of Inlays and Onlays
Inlays and onlays offer several advantages in restoring damaged teeth:
- Conservation of healthy tooth structure: Unlike traditional dental crowns, inlays and onlays preserve more of the natural tooth structure, minimizing the need for extensive reshaping.
- Enhanced strength and durability: Inlays and onlays are highly durable, providing added strength to the restored tooth and allowing it to withstand the forces of chewing and biting.
- Precise fit and long-lasting results: With the use of advanced technology and precise measurements, inlays and onlays are custom-made to perfectly fit your tooth, ensuring a comfortable and long-lasting restoration.
- Aesthetically pleasing and natural-looking appearance: The materials used in inlays and onlays can be color-matched to your natural teeth, resulting in a seamless and natural-looking smile.
- Resistance to staining and decay: Inlays and onlays are made from durable materials that are resistant to stains and decay, helping to maintain the beauty and health of your restored teeth.
When Are Inlays and Onlays Used?
Inlays and onlays are versatile restorative treatments that can be used to address a variety of dental conditions, including:
- Moderate to severe tooth decay
- Fractured or broken teeth
- Cracked or worn-down teeth
- Large or defective fillings
By choosing inlays and onlays, you can benefit from a conservative and effective solution that restores your teeth while preserving their natural strength and appearance.
The Procedure for Inlays and Onlays
At Southwest Dentistry, we follow a meticulous process to ensure the successful placement of your inlays or onlays:
- Initial consultation and examination: Our experienced dental professionals will conduct a thorough examination to assess your oral health and determine if inlays or onlays are the most suitable treatment for you.
- Tooth preparation and removal of decayed or damaged tissue: The affected tooth will be carefully prepared by removing any decay or damaged tissue.
- Impression-taking and customization of inlays or onlays: Precise impressions of your tooth will be taken to create custom-made inlays or onlays that perfectly fit your tooth’s shape and contours.
- Placement of temporary restorations (if necessary): Temporary restorations may be placed to protect your tooth while your permanent inlays or onlays are being fabricated at the dental laboratory.
- Dental laboratory fabrication of permanent restorations: Our trusted dental laboratory will craft your permanent inlays or onlays with high-quality materials, ensuring optimal fit and aesthetics.
- Final inlay or onlay placement and adjustments: Once your permanent restorations are ready, they will be carefully bonded to your tooth, and necessary adjustments will be made to ensure a comfortable bite and natural-looking result.
- Post-treatment care and maintenance of inlays and onlays: Our dental team will provide you with detailed instructions on how to care for your new inlays or onlays, including proper oral hygiene practices and regular check-ups.
Schedule a Consultation
Ready to restore your damaged teeth and achieve a healthy, beautiful smile with inlays and onlays? At Southwest Dentistry, we understand the importance of dental health and the impact it has on your overall well-being. With our expertise in inlays and onlays, we can restore your damaged teeth, enhance your smile, and improve your oral health. Choose our family dental practice for personalized, high-quality care that prioritizes your comfort and satisfaction.
Take the first step towards regaining optimal oral health and confidence by scheduling a consultation with us today. Let us help you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile with our exceptional inlays and onlays.